Who we are:
Based in North Cork , Avonmore Electrical Co. Ltd provides Industry with a variety of electro-mechanical repair services, since establishment over 60 years ago. We are privately owned company, small enough to care, yet big enough to cater for large complex electro-mechanical machinery maintenance and repair. We are fiercely proud of our reputation for being the partner of choice for key industry in Ireland.
We are seeking a suitably experienced candidate who will be responsible for works carried out in the precision engineering workshop in a busy manufacturing industry organisation. The ideal candidate will have a well developed mechanical aptitude, be up for a challenge, work with great attention to detail, on their own initiative, or as part of a Team. You will be joining a Team of unique experts in the electro-mechanical field, who will impart their knowledge on a daily basis. Every day will be an opportunity to learn.
The Person & Role:
- A qualification and 3 years + experience in machining/turning is essential.
- To be fully competent with a variety workshop machines such as manual lathes and milling machines, etc.
- Knowledge of Tooling and Materials
- Working Knowledge of speeds and feeds commonly used to machine various metals to precision tolerances; typically H6 bearing fits
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to mentor and train apprentices
- Complete technical reports
- Ability to work to deadlines.